Lots of people think the culture of Dublin is to eat and especially drink. Over the years, I have been fairly fond of both of these things to excess. However, there is much more to our Dublin culture than just going out and having the craic. At our core, since young, we were brought up to work hard at our jobs, regardless of the job. If its an office job, a road sweeper, or a landscaper, the same principle has always applied to the Dublin crowd.
Here are some of the reason we are:
- We have a great work ethic. We are a race of people who do not shy away from hard labor. Working long hours and getting results is a trait that most Irish people have.
- We will do most types of jobs. A lot of other countries have allowed immigration to take the lower end jobs. As a result, the Dublin crowd have ended up working in and contributing to a wide variety of industries.
- We are great for having a chat and we would quite happily chat away to a stranger. As a result, we make friends easily and foster great connections.
- Dubliners have always looked out for each other. There is a great bond and solidarity among us in any working environment, which provide endless help and advice to each other.
- Dublin people are resilient. We thrive in the face of adversity and a constant hunger propels us to do so.
- We have a highly skilled workforce; thanks to free education in Ireland, most Dubliners are fortunate enough to progress onto third level college.
- A rich cultural heritage means we are a creative race of people.
- At the end of the day we are pretty laid back and know how to enjoy ourselves. Striking the balance between work and play is essential and as a Dubliner, we excel in both!